Machine vision, image analysis and medical imaging software development kit
Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) is a comprehensive collection of software tools for developing machine vision, image analysis and medical imaging software applications. MIL includes tools for every step in the process: from application feasibility, to prototyping, through to development and ultimately deployment.
The toolkit features interactive software and programming functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display and archiving. These tools are designed to enhance productivity, thereby reducing the time and effort required to bring your solution to market.
Image capture, processing and analysis operations have the accuracy and robustness needed to tackle the most demanding applications. These operations are also carefully optimized for speed to address the severe time constraints encountered in many applications.
- Solve applications rather than develop underlying tools by leveraging a toolkit with a 20-year history of reliable performance.
- Tackle applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, locating, measuring, reading and verifying.
- Harness the full power of today’s hardware through optimizations exploiting SIMD, multi-core CPU, multi-CPU, GPU2 and FPGA technologies.
- Easily support platforms ranging from smart cameras to HPC clusters via a single consistent and intuitive API.
- Obtain live images from the interface of choice through support for analog, Camera Link®, Camera Link HS, CoaXpress®, DVI-D, GigE Vision®, IEEE 1394 IIDC, SDI, and USB3 Vision™ 2,3 transmission formats.
- Maintain flexibility and choice by way of 32-bit Windows® XP, 32/64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10, 32/64-bit Linux®, and RTX643 (RTOS) support.
- Make the best use of available programming know-how with support for C, C++, C#, CPyhton3 and Visual Basic® languages.
- Increase productivity further and reduce development costs by receiving training and assistance from our team of imaging experts.
Central to Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) are tools for calibrating, enhancing and transforming images, locating objects, extracting and measuring features, reading character strings, and decoding and verifying identification marks. These tools are carefully developed to provide outstanding performance and reliability, and can be used within a single computer system or distributed across several computer systems.
|Matrox Profiler is a Windows-based utility to post-analyse the execution of a multi-threaded application for performance bottlenecks and synchronization issues. It presents the function calls made over time per application thread on a navigable timeline. Matrox Profiler allows the searching for, and selecting of, specific function calls to see their parameters and execution times. It computes statistics on execution times and presents these on a per function basis. Matrox Profiler tracks not only MIL functions but also suitably tagged user functions. Function tracing can be disabled altogether to safeguard the inner working of a deployed application.|
Bundled with MIL is Matrox Inspector, an integrated imaging environment for 32-bit Windows®. Matrox Inspector provides an easy-to-use interface with point-and-click access to MIL image capture, processing, analysis, and archiving operations.
In addition to displaying images, Matrox Inspector presents processing and analysis results as tables and/or graphs, including trend and distribution, which are useful for tuning operation settings. The application also gives users the ability to benchmark operations for accuracy and repeatability. In addition to making annotations, users can draw into images to perform measurements as well as touch-up and manually segment images.
MIL-Lite is a subset of MIL. MIL-Lite features programming functions for performing image capture, annotation, display, and archiving. It also includes fast operators for arithmetic, Bayer interpolation, color space conversion, de-interlacing, temporal filtering, basic geometric transformations, histogram, logic, LUT mapping, and thresholding. MIL-Lite is licensed for both application development and deployment in the presence of Matrox Imaging hardware or a supplemental license tied to a dongle.
An experienced and skilled technical support group helps users with installation, interoperability and programming matters. Matrox Imaging also offers the assistance of the Vision Squad. The Vision Squad’s knowledgeable staff, working closely with MIL tool developers, helps MIL users quickly assess application feasibility and establish the best strategy for using MIL processing and analysis tools to produce a solution. Services range from providing advice to delivering a proof-of-concept imaging application and even its underlying framework.