Aurora Design Assistant
Flowchart-Based Development Environment
Aurora Design Assistant™, formerly Matrox Design Assistant, integrated development environment (IDE) is a flowchart-based platform for building machine vision applications, with templates to speed up development and bring solutions online quicker.
Aurora Design Assistant Benefits
Build and configure applications using provided flowchart steps to fast-track development without the need for traditional coding. The IDE also lets users design a custom web-based operator interface.
Flexible Deployment Options
Choose your platform with a hardware-independent environment that supports branded and third-party smart cameras, vision controllers, and PCs with CoaXPress, GigE Vision, or USB3 Vision cameras.
Communicate actions and results to other automation and enterprise equipment easily and in real-time with discrete I/Os and a range of supported communication protocols.
Aurora Design Assistant at a glance:
- Solve machine vision applications efficiently by constructing flowcharts instead of writing program code
- Choose the best platform for the job within a hardware-independent environment that supports Zebra smart cameras and vision controllers and third-party PCs with CoaXPress, GigE Vision, or USB3 Vision cameras
- Tackle machine vision applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, classifying, locating, measuring, reading, and verifying
- Leverage deep learning for visual inspection through image classification and segmentation tools
- Use a single program for creating both the application logic and operator interface
- Work with multiple cameras all within the same project or per project running concurrently and independently from one another, platform permitting
- Interface to AltiZ and third-party 3D sensors to visualize, process, and analyze depth maps and point clouds
- Rely on a common underlying vision library for the same results with a Zebra smart camera, vision system, or third-party computer
- Maximize productivity with instant feedback on image analysis and processing operations
- Receive immediate, pertinent assistance through an integrated contextual guide
- Communicate actions and results to other automation and enterprise equipment via discrete Zebra I/Os, RS-232, and Ethernet (TCP/IP, CC-Link IE Field Basic, EtherNet/IP™2, Modbus®, OPC UA, and PROFINET®, and native robot interfaces)
- Test communication with a programmable logic controller (PLC) using the built-in PLC interface emulator
- Maintain control and independence through the ability to create custom flowchart steps
- Protect against inappropriate changes with the Project Change Validator tool