Matrox AltiZ is a series of award winning high-fidelity 3D profile sensors. Each sensor features a dual-camera single-laser design that greatly lessens the scanning gaps often encountered at critical surface junctures because of optical occlusions. Unique algorithms running inside the sensor automatically generate various type of reliable 3D data-individual profiles, depth maps, or point clouds-obtained by smartly combining or selecting the pixel data from the two integrated image sensors, which is automatically sampled for a constant horizontal resolution.
- Leverage dual-camera single-laser design to deliver exceptionally high 3D reproduction fidelity
- Gain from unique embedded algorithms to generate consistent profiles, depth maps, or point clouds
- Benefit from truly standard GigE Vision® interface to work directly with Matrox Imaging and third-party vision software
- Simplify cabling with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support
- Deploy confidently in tough industrial settings thanks to a solid IP67-rated aluminum housing and M12 connectors
- Benefit from several fastening points to facilitate fixing one or more sensors to gantries and robots
- Streamline sensor setup and verification via the Matrox Capture Works utility for Windows® and Linux®
Sample Part Scan
Merged point cloud showing the higher scanning fidelity obtained when using two cameras instead of just one. Zones in solid yellow are only visible when scanning with the two opposed cameras.
Matrox Capture Works interactive utility
3D (point cloud) view with profile at intersecting plane and measurement markers within the Matrox Capture Works interactive utility.
|Characteristic / Model||AZ1D4SR||AZ1D4SB||AZ1D4MR||AZ1D4LR|
|Laser color||Red (660 nm)||Blue (405 nm)||Red (660 nm)||Red (660 nm)|
|Working distance (from reference point)||100 mm||100 mm||185 mm||160 mm|
|Z range||70 mm||70 mm||225 mm||385 mm|
|Z resolution (near–far)||4–8 µm||4–8 µm||9.5–34 µm||10–89 µm|
|X FoV (near–far)||55–75 mm||55–75 mm||85–165 mm||110–310 mm|
|X resolution||38 µm||38 µm||82 µm||157 µm|
• Values are approximate and may vary slightly between 3D sensors of a given model.
• Z resolution values include sub-pixel processing whose effect depends on imaging conditions.
• Subsequent surface analysis can yield accuracy that is a (further) fraction of resolution.
3D profile sensor
|Profiling characteristics||1984 points per profile|
|Refer to maximum profile rates chart|
|Network interface||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Data and command interface||GigE Vision 2.26 with GenDC 1.0|
|3D data output (SFNC/PFNC)||Profile (RectifiedC/Coord3D_C16 or CalibratedABC_Grid/Coord3D_ABC32f)|
|Depth map (RectifiedC/Coord3D_C16)|
|Point cloud (CalibratedABC_Grid/Coord3D_ABC32f)|
|Digital I/Os||Four (4) 24 V isolated inputs|
|Encoder with A-B output|
|Two (2) 24 V isolated outputs (5 KHz maximum)|
|Power input||PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 0) or separate 24 V|
|Connectors||M12-X 8-pin for network interface and power input|
|M12-A 12-pin for digital I/Os and alternate power input|
|Indicator LEDs||Power, status, laser, and network speed|
|Power consumption||12 W (0.5 A @ 24 V)|
|Dimensions||233 x 121 x 48 mm (9.17 x 4.76 x 1.89 in)|
|Weight||1.5 Kg (3.3 lbs)|
|Operating temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Ventilation requirements||Natural convection|
|Certifications||Refer to certifications table|
|Compatible software||MIL X|
|Matrox Design Assistant X|
|AZ1D4SR||Matrox AltiZ 3D profile sensor with a near FoV of 55 mm, range of 70 mm, far FoV of 75 mm, and red (660 nm) laser|
|AZ1D4SB||Matrox AltiZ 3D profile sensor with a near FoV of 55 mm, range of 70 mm, far FoV of 75 mm, and blue (405 nm) laser.|
|AZ1D4MR||Matrox AltiZ 3D profile sensor with a near FoV of 85 mm, range of 225 mm, far FoV of 165 mm, and red (660 nm) laser.|
|AZ1D4LR||Matrox AltiZ 3D profile sensor with a near FoV of 110 mm, range of 385 mm, far FoV of 310 mm, and red (660 nm) laser.|
|M12-CBL-PWRIO/3||9.8 ft or 3 m cable to connect alternate power and discrete I/Os. M12 to open end.|
|M12-CBL-ETH/5||16.4 ft or 5 m Ethernet cable. M12 to RJ45 connector.|
|Refer to MIL X datasheet and Matrox Design Assistant X datasheet.
Note: Software sold separately.
1. The product may be protected by one or more patents; see www.matrox.com/patents for more information.
2. Matrox AltiZ functionality limited under IP67 rating conditions.
3. Matrox Capture Works for Linux availability scheduled for Q4 2020.
4. MIL 10/X with appropriate service pack and update for GigE Vision. Additional interface (GigE Vision) package license not required for data capture from Matrox AltiZ.
5. With Matrox Design Assistant X re-release scheduled for Q2 2020. Additional interface (GigE Vision) package license not required for data capture from Matrox AltiZ.
6. Updated standard pending official release.