Matrox Iris GTX
Machine vision and deep learning edge IoT device
Matrox® Iris GTX is the next evolution of smart cameras from Matrox Imaging. Offering higher resolution sensors and substantially more processing power than its immediate predecessor, Matrox Iris GTX provides exceptional performance for a compact all-in-one vision system. Paired with flowchart-based Matrox Design Assistant® X1 software, engineers and technicians can quickly configure and deploy machine vision to the Matrox Iris GTX smart cameras. Video capture, analysis, classification, location, measurement, reading, verification, communication, and I/O operations—as well as a web-based operator interface—are all set up within the same software. Matrox Iris GTX smart cameras are model edge IoT devices, performing data acquisition and analytics, and providing results nearest to the manufacturing process requiring guidance or inspection, thus ensuring consistent, timely response and action.
An Intel® Atom® x6000 series embedded processor allows the use of higher-resolution image sensors that together deliver new levels of performance to the Matrox Iris GTX. The efficient processor enables the Matrox Iris GTX smart cameras to handle both traditional machine vision workloads as well as deep learning inference. These smart cameras also offer real-time digital I/Os for interfacing directly to automation devices. They provide GigE and USB ports, and a VGA video output to enable full integration within an automation cell or machine.
Matrox Iris GTX at a glance
- Boost performance by up to 3x over its precursor thanks to an Intel x6000 series embedded processor
- Capture high-resolution images at high speed through a choice of CMOS sensors from two to 16 Megapixels
- Deploy in dirty, humid, or harsh industrial environments by way of a compact IP67-rated design
- Communicate actions and results to other automation and enterprise equipment via real-time digital I/Os, and Ethernet (TCP/IP, CC-Link IE Field Basic, EtherNet/IP™2, Modbus®, PROFINET®, and native robot interfaces)
- Handle Human-Machine Interface (HMI) function by way of VGA and USB connectivity
- Simplify vision setup and upkeep via integrated lens focusing and illumination intensity control
- Synchronize to the manufacturing line through the support for incremental rotary encoders
- Solve machine vision applications efficiently with Matrox Design Assistant X software by constructing flowcharts instead of writing program code
- Maintain control and independence through the ability to code custom flowchart steps
- Tackle machine vision applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, locating, classifying, measuring, reading, and verifying
- Leverage deep learning for visual inspection through image classification and segmentation tools